I am excited to recommend two new recipes that I have been experimenting with lately!
Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos
Thanks to one of my readers, I recently received and tried this Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos. I found it extremely delicious, frugal (as it is meatless) and a great freezer meal. I used black beans in replacement of the kidney beans, along with my homemade soaked tortillas and it turned out fabulously. I thought the sweet potato and bean a rather odd combination at first but was pleasantly surprised by the results. You must give it a try! You can use this as a freezer meal by simply stuffing your burritos in advanced with the cooked ingredients, covering as you desire and placing it in the freezer.
Until I can get my own, this photo is the original photo from the recipe…just to wet your taste buds! I put mine in the freezer for after baby before I could get a picture! Alas!
Baked Macaroni & Cheese
My second recommendation is Baked Macaroni & Cheese! I have been trying several recipes lately to find a delicious homemade version using my own raw milk and cheese and this is the one! I made the following changes to make it more nutritious! It remained extremely moist and full of flavor!
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni (I use brown rice penne pasta, so technically it is penne & cheese at our house!)
- 1 cup milk, preferably raw or whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (replaced with equal quantities of paprika, ground mustard, coriander & salt to equal 1 tsp or slightly more)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a bowl mix milk, eggs, sour cream, seasoning salt, and pepper. Layer macaroni, cheddar cheese, and milk mixture until pan is full. Sprinkle bread crumbs and further paprika on the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until milk mixture is done.