Meatloaf is one of those warm comforting meal for cold weather, and a delicious satisfying meal at our house. Combining grass-fed beef, homemade bread crumbs, pastured eggs, and raw milk, and you have a full nutritious protein meal. We like to side this dinner with mashed potatoes and a fresh salad.
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup bread crumbs (or make your own)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp rubbed sage
dash of pepper
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup rapadura/sucanat, maple syrup (or 1/4 cup honey)
1 tsp vinegar
1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, breadcrumbs, onion, salt, sage, and pepper. Add beef and mix well.
2. Shape into an 8-1/2 in x 4-1/2 in. loaf in an ungreased shallow loaf pan.
3. Combine remaining ingredients (sweetener, ketchup and vinegar); spread the mixture over meat loaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
5. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Yield: 6-8 servings.