Read on for our 9 month update….
Archive | news & giveaways RSS feed for this section
What a wonderful day to celebrate the wonderful love that the Lord has blessed us with! I am so thankful for the blessing of a godly husband!
What fun to serve a special breakfast for the hubby! Aaron’s favorite is pancakes (we can’t get enough of this wonderful recipe!) with peanut butter and maple syrup. I thought of cuting them into the shape of a heart, but didn’t want to waste the delicious pancakes, so I kind of laid them out in the shape of a heart.
Heather @ Doodle Acres
Thank you to everyone who entered and gave wonderful suggestions and ideas!
Monday night we had ones of those shocking experiences…we were soundly sleeping in bed when we bulted upright at the sound of a large crash and broken glass at 3:30 in the morning. Do you know what thoughts were going through my head? Someone is breaking into our house!!!! Grab the babe and run!!
We rearranged the template one last time for the year! I prefer simple and clean; therefore, we have modified the look. Thanks for joining me and for your patience as we were making some changes!
A shot by Aaron looking up into a well lite tree
We had a very blessed and relaxing Christmas at our home this year! I have delayed in posting lately because we also have been struck with a stomach flu since Wednesday. I am thankful it didn’t hit until after Christmas…but we thank the extended Edmonds family for passing it on to us on Christmas Eve! This is the second year in a row that they have taken ill on the holidays. Alas! I will break from my Natural Living on a Budget series today, but would like to post a few pictures from our celebrations. Enjoy!
The Lord blessed us with the opportunity of really ministering to one of our neighbors this past weekend. Do you remember me telling you how I was struggling with my delay and decided to make some bread at the last minute to give as gifts? Although most of our neighbors were out of town, we did have the opportunity of giving a loaf to an older divorced woman. She was really hurting and opened up to us. We were able to pray for her. She was so blessed by our prayers and by holding little Karis, that she even began to tear up. She expressed interest in going to church with us in the new year. Praise God! This was such an encouragement. We have been trying to reach out to one particular couple in our neighborhood without much success, as we had invited to three different Christmas events and they backed out of each one. God encouraged us to just keep being faithful! I know He has placed us in this neighborhood for a reason…and I don’t want to miss out on the opportunities to minister.
Karis with her Christmas hat & Grandma Taylor (my mom!)
Our Christmas Tree with Christmas cards posted on the window
Karis with her stocking (it is as large as she is! Thanks to Grandma Edmonds)
Aaron, Lindsay & Karis Edmonds
We want to send a warm Christmas greeting and wish you all a blessed holiday! From our family to yours! I will be enjoying the holidays with my family so will be taking a furlough from blogging for the next week. God bless you all!
Picture was taken by our good friends, Paul and Jennifer Hartung at Jenn Lynn Images.
She is wanting Daddy to buy her lots of things already? Look at that mischievous little grin. She is taking a nice fancy to his wallet.
Welcome to life at the Edmonds home! Our family consists of me, Lindsay, and my wonderful husband, Aaron, and our little girl, Karis Ruth. Aaron & I have been married for 1 1/2 years and have been blessed with a precious treasure in our Karis. She is now 4 1/2 months old. The purpose of this blog is to record my gleanings from Scripture, tips for managing your home, nutritional information, and other stuff as I walk out my role as a wife and mother. This record of my musings if more for my benefit anyway…to collect all my thoughts and things I have learned in one place. If you care to join me in the journey, you are more than welcome.
- Paula’s Bread: NutriMill Grain Grinder Giveaway! January 14, 2012
- 6 Reasons Why I Love My Dehydrator & Giveaway July 9, 2010
- Graham Gardens Giveaway! July 9, 2011
- Graham Gardens Christmas Gift Set Giveaway! November 12, 2012
- Primer on Essential Oils & Giveaway! June 22, 2010
- Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve Giveaway! June 25, 2011
- Sprout Change Cloth Diaper Giveaway! June 11, 2011
- NaturoKits Giveaway! February 5, 2011
- Graham Gardens Summer Essentials Giveaway! June 2, 2012
- My Favorite Cloth Diapers Giveaway! October 20, 2012
- Till We Meet Again… February 8, 2013
- Can Natural Living Become an Idol? February 6, 2013
- Redeeming Childbirth Giveaway! February 4, 2013
- Preparing My Heart for Motherhood February 1, 2013
- Embracing the Pain & Letting Go of Fear in Childbirth January 30, 2013
- Homemade Natural Postpartum Care Kit January 28, 2013
- Paula’s Bread Giveaway! January 26, 2013
- What is the purpose of the home? January 23, 2013
- Homemade All-Natural Deodorant January 18, 2013
- Finding Joy in Your Homemaking January 16, 2013
- Stephanie: Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas everyone! Th...
- cbecksi: When I feel a cold coming on I have couple Ener-C ...
- Desiree: I need to really break my life down into small pie...
- Jeremiah: This site definitely has all the info I needed con...
- webs.com: Greetings, I do think your web site could be havin...
- fat loss in stomach: I like the valuable info you provide in your artic...
- Britteny: Do you think veggie stock/broth would work? My BF ...
- como ganhar dinheiro: you are in point of fact a good webmaster. The web...
- Olivia: Your ideas are great! What about some good quality...
- JoineaPal: Actually I am also think its more positive news fo...