I have had the privilege of reviewing the new release of Gnowfglins Fundamental eCourse, and I am excited to share it with you all today. This is an online healthy and traditional food cooking eCourse that is a basic introduction to whole and living foods, from soaking whole grains, soaking nuts and seeds, cooking beans, sprouting, sourdough bread, cultured products, and more. Wardeh at Gnwofglins has done an impressive job compiling weekly lessons that offer audio, video and text files for students. She will walk you through preparing soaked muffins, pancakes, and many more recipes through the visual step by step process. We all learn visually more effectively, and if you cannot get your head around the concept and benefits of soaking, then this is the course for you!
This eCourse will teach you how to turn quality raw ingredients – God’s, natural, organic, whole, foods, local, and in season – into nourishing food. Each lesson will be available on a weekly basis in an online community format for members, giving you a full week to review all the materials and begin putting it into practice before moving on to the next lesson (all lessons will remain for your review). Each concept is built upon the previous lesson.
What’s in the eCourse?
- Overview: eCourse Overview
- Lesson 1: The GNOWFGLINS Foundation
- Lesson 2: How to Soak Whole Grains, Nuts and Seeds
- Lesson 3: How to Make Soaked Whole-Grain Flour Baked Goods I
- Lesson 4: How to Make Soaked Whole-Grain Flour Baked Goods II
- Lesson 5: How to Soak and Cook Dry Beans
- Lesson 6: How to Sprout Beans
- Lesson 7: How to Cook a Chicken and Make Chicken Stock
- Lesson 8: How to Make Skillet Dishes: A Dinner Formula
- Lesson 9: How to Make Water Kefir
- Lesson 10: How to Make Dairy Kefir
- Lesson 11: How to Make Soft, Spreadable Cheese
- Lesson 12: How to Make Sourdough Bread
- Lesson 13: How to Sprout Whole Grains for Sprouted Grain Flour & How to Bake With Sprouted Grain Flour
- Lesson 14: How to Make Natural Pickled Foods
This course is for the beginner. It is not gourmet, but rather simple. While Wardeh will not go into a lot of details or complicated soaking experiments, I did find the visual aspects very effective in increasing my own knowledge of these whole food practices. If Nourishing Traditions is overwhelming to you, check out this practical eCourse! You will learn how to save money in the kitchen while preparing wonderful whole foods for your family.
Looking for some other helpful visual resources? I recently stumbled upon THE LIVING SERIES: Eating Green – Organic Foods and Cooking video. at my local library. This video was very fun and helpful in learning how to prepare organic foods. She offered helpful tips for selecting produce, basic kitchen ingredients, eating organic on a budget, and walked you through several easy whole food recipes that looked amazingly simple and delicious! All the recipes are available in a PDF document on the disk as well. Yum! I cannot wait to try them! You can even rent this video on Amazon. The Living Series also offers a few other titles that sounded helpful for green living. Check them out here!