“On the First Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me…”

Written by contributing writer, Trina Holden.

Chances are this week you’re in the thick of making a list and checking it twice and I’m sure you don’t think you need one more thing to think about. But even while encouraging simplicity this Christmas, I’m gonna throw out a unique challenge.

I’m gonna suggest you add one more thing to your list.

Your husband.

Yes, I know you have him on your list already, and maybe you’ve already found just the right gift to bless him on Christmas Day. But what about today? What about the busy weeks counting down to Christmas, when your time and energy are stretched to fulfill all that this season requires of you as a wife and mother and homemaker? Is there a way you can keep this most important relationship – this man God has given you, in the forefront of your thoughts, maintaining your friendship even in this hectic season?

There is a way you can add a little holiday spice to your marriage. It’s so simple, it’s almost corny. But I’ve been keeping this little tradition with my husband for 6 years and every year he says it’s his favorite part of the whole season.

We call it “Twelve Days” but it has nothing to do with Partridges and Pear Trees. The idea is that I give him a little gift on each of the twelve days leading up to Christmas. The gifts are not big, often just a favorite cookie or candy, but the value of the gift lies in that I’ve thought of him. When he finds 3 envelopes on the ‘Third Day of Christmas’ or a half a dozen of his favorite cookies on Day Six, his eyes light up like a kid at Christmas, and I fall in love with the tradition (and him!) all over again.

If you’d like to start this tradition in your house, it’s not too late! I usually call Dec. 13th our ‘first day’, so you still have time to gather some things from around the house or on your next trip to town. Here’s a list of items to get you started…

Day 1: Any single object – this is where I usually spend a little money and give him something I’d otherwise have tucked under the tree. A hat, tool, piece of masculine jewelry, etc.

Day 2: Think pairs! Socks, gloves, matching mugs for him and her, sunglasses, pants, long underwear, tickets to a concert or a game.

Days 3, 4, 5, and 6: What comes in packs? Golf balls, socks, briefs, favorite candy, guitar picks, favorite beverage, refills for his razor.

Days 7, 8, 9, 10, 11: Higher numbers get a little trickier – just think ‘small’ and you can do it! Cookies, packaged and delivered to work. A CD with 11 songs. Post-it-note love notes hidden through the house.

Day 12: Think ‘by the dozen’ or ’12 months in a year’. A magazine subscription, coupons for a monthly date night or a dozen chicken wings for lunch.

More ideas…

• A book or film with a number in the title
  • A series of emails or texts sent to him throughout the day
  • A gift certificate or coupons for his favorite meal
  • A collection of poems (Haiku is a quick and easy!)
  • One year I publicly praised my husband by posting 10 things I loved about him on my blog

Get Romantic!

• Decorate your bedroom with a number of lit candles
  • Love letters — New or old
  • A custom CD of your favorite love songs
  • Coupons to redeem for a massage — given by you!

Once you’ve collected your little gifts, wrap the items up and stash them away where he won’t find them. I jot down which gift I’m giving him on which day in my day planner so I don’t forget. I also like to plan when and how to present each gift — under his pillow, on his vehicle seat, in his work boots — so I have everything thought out in advance, and I can pull off our little tradition with ease despite the rush of those final days leading up to Christmas.

It takes just a little extra effort on my part to fit this in with everything else, but it is totally worth it for the sparkle it brings to our relationship at a time where it might otherwise suffer. It helps me keep my man my priority even when so many other things call. I look forward to Dec. 13th and eagerly anticipate to the look on his face when he realizes his favorite tradition has begun again.

About Trina Holden

Trina enjoys offering hospitality from their 1800’s farm house in Upstate New York. She loves to encourage women to nourish their families, celebrate the journey, and choose to thrive at TrinaHolden.com.

347 Responses to “On the First Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me…”

1. Staci December 12, 2012 at 5:53 pm #

Thank goodness I seen this in time. I’m so excited to do this for my husband. I’m starting tomorrow. Here is what all I have planned for him.
    Day 1: A card (poem saying he has entered the 12 days of Christmas blah, blah, blah) and a pair of headphone.s
    Day 2: A bag of Rolo’s and Ande’s mints (his favorite candies.)
    Day 3: Sexy coupons ;)
    Day 4: A picture frame with 4 picture slots. I’m putting the pictures of us, our animals, and his motorcycle in it for him to take to work and put on his desk
    Day 5: 5 gum
    Day 6: A six pack of cherry limeaids.
    Day 7: 7 lucky 7′s lottery tickets
    Day 8: 8oz of his fav cologne
    Day 9: “I love you because..” post it notes placed randomly all over the place.
    Day 10: 10 dollar gift card for us to go get ice cream and have a date night.
    Day 11: I found his favorite cereal that he thought they didn’t make anymore and it’s 11oz.
    Day 12: A calender with all our special dates circled.

Feel free to copy any of it. I have absoloutely racked my brain. We’re both young (I’m 20 and he is 22) and I am going to try to make this a tradition. I want to thank you all so much for giving me such a great idea. I can’t wait to see his face in the morning. :D

2. jolanda December 12, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

excited for tomorrow….first gift will be given to my hubby…
    thanks ladies for all your ideas ( for next year )
    Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all of you!!

3. Jillian December 12, 2012 at 2:43 pm #

I have been working on this for over a month and I cannot wait to start tomorrow, I have changed things around so many times I cant count anymore lol. And yes I am aware that the 12 days are after Christmas, but the 12 days before work so much better. Feel free to steal any ideas, cause I know I did!

1. 12v Electric thermos ( he works for our town Highway Dept so he spends many long cold hours in his truck)
    2. A perfect dinner for 2
    3. 3 handmade Christmas cards from his 3 kids
    4. 4 sets of helping hands for the day doing his stuff around the house
    5. Something for a family of 5 to do (him, me, and his 3 kids) Movies, paintball, ice skating, etc…
    6. 6 pack of mini bacardi and coke
    7. 7 packs of gum
    8. 8 of my favorite memories of things we’ve done (Via text message since I will be out of town this day)
    9. 9 hershey kisses
    10. $10 gift card to Dunkin Donuts, and 10 scratch off lotto tickets
    11. 11 fishing lures, reflecting how he “hooked” me in 2011
    12. A christmas eve box of 12 goodies. (1 Christmas boxers,1 christmas pj, 1 pkg of popcorn, 2 bowls for popcorn, hot chocolate, 2 mugs for hot chocolate, marshmallows, the movie “How the grinch stole christmas”, a bottle of baileys, and a tin of cookies) = 12 things in the box

I cannot wait until tomorrow. Hope everyone had/is having as much fun with this as I am!

4. Kelly December 12, 2012 at 11:06 am #

I thougth I should put all my ideas up here for others to pull ideas from, since I got some of my ideas from others as well…
    Day 1- 1 fishing lure (he love to fish)
    Day 2- 2 pack of Deodorant (no he isn’t stinking just something he won’t have buy himself later)
    Day 3- 3 pack of white t-shirts (to wear under his work shirts_
    Day 4- 4 pack of boxers
    Day 5- Pepto Bismol ( Relieves 5 symptoms.. he has tummy problems :) )
    Day 6- 6 pack of socks
    Day 7- 7 $1 lotto tickets
    Day 8- 8 pack of Batteries (for his XBox controller)
    Day 9- 9 packs of gum (so he stops stealing mine!)
    Day 10-???? he doesn’t wear gloves EVER so that is out! Whatever he gets he will be getting it at 10 o’clock
    Day 11- a cd with 11 songs that he ALWAYS sings!
    Day 12- a calendar with picture from a boudoir photo shoot I did

Hope this helps someone who is struggling!

5. Ashley December 12, 2012 at 10:28 am #

I love this idea! Here is my list for anyone who needs some ideas:

1- deer call (that he asked for)
    2- 2 Reeses Peanut Butter Christmas Trees
    3- 3 crossword puzzles books & 3 mechanical pencils
    4- pack of 4 white t-shirts
    5- $5 gift card to McDonald’s
    6- 3 pairs of socks
    7- 7 homemade coupons (massages, etc.)
    8- 8 pack of soap he uses
    9- popcorn (a 6 pack and a 3 pack)
    10- c.d. (10,000 Reasons)
    11- 11 Bible verses to encourage him
    12- 12 pictures of special memories

6. Ellie December 11, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

Hi! Thank you for the great idea! I’m in Australia but I thought I’d share my ideas :)
    12- homemade calendar with photos of us
    11- legs 11- pair of shorts (seeing as that’s the only thing that he’s insisted that he wants this Christmas)
    10- $10 gift card to his favourite shop
    9- Tim Tams (there’s 9 in a pack)
    6- six reasons why I love being with you… or a 6pack of his favourite drinks and make this another number?
    5- 5 gum
    4- 4 ingredients honey roasted peanut butter (he will love it!)
    3- three 10min massages
    2- date for two- (picnic fish and chips down on the beach near where we first kissed)
    1- one-on-one water fight (it’s summer here!)

7. Kelly B December 11, 2012 at 4:27 pm #

Ok I have all the gifts but now I need cute sayings or rhymes that go with them.. there are just a few that I am struggling with..
    Day 1: 1 fishing lure (he loves to fish)
    Day 2: 2 pack of deodorant
    Day 3: 3 pack of white tees
    Day 8: 8 pack of batteries for his XBox controller

Any suggestions?!?!?!? Thanks in advance!

• jolanda December 11, 2012 at 4:34 pm #

day 1: fishing lure, i think you will use this one and will catch one for sure
      day 2: ?
      day 3: i sure hope these …. will not up in the trees
      day 8: since they dont work on solar you need these for your controller

hope this is kinda what you were looking for

8. reina December 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

You ladies have been great! Oh the ideas you’ve given! Here is my list:
    1 all expense paid date night
    2 movie tickets (or basketball tickets, haven’t decided)
    3 Ties
    4 course meal
    5 chick fil a gift card
    6 Half a dozen alcohol infused cupcakes
    7 pairs of socks
    8 of his favorite snacks
    9 items for grooming (presented in a gift bag
    10 RGIII jersey (most quarterbacks are #10 so this was easy)
    11 ounce of hot cocoa mix in a jar
    12 sexy coupons for him to cash in.

9. Stephanie December 11, 2012 at 8:02 am #

I plan on doing the 12 days leading up to Christmas, I love the idea of leaving the gift in different areas each day so I may do that also. I am using the poem so that he’ll know what is for.
    Here is my list

1.a new hat( he really needs one)
    2. pair of pj pants ( we have a christmas eve eve slumber party with our kiddos)
    3. packs of gum
    4.boxer briefs
    5. a handwritten letter
    6. IOU back massages
    7.e-mail ( I’ve drafted 7 notes I will send to him throughout the day)
    8.tootsie rolls
    9. new pens for work
    10.pairs of socks
    11. pieces of chocolate licorse
    12. a year subscription to mens health

10. Heather December 11, 2012 at 6:42 am #

Ladies – Don’t forget that the twelve days of Christmas START on December 25th and go to January 5th. Don’t panic if you thought it was starting THIS week. You have time!

For the odd numbers I just can’t find, I created coupons… massages, doing his chores around the yard/house, car washes, etc…

11. Ashley December 10, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

This is such a fantastic idea. i love it. started on it about two weeks ago and pretty much have everything laid out. I think its going to be a wonderful surprise for 12 days!.

1. Printer ink
    2. two pints of his favorite ice cream creation from the creamery
    3. three small packs of coffee, hes always trying new coffee
    4. a bathroom Axe body set (deoderant shampoo body spray body wash)
    5. his 5 fave beverages
    6. 2 of each of his fave candy bars.
    7. seven lottey tickets ( thanks for this one girls)
    8. Hes a computer nerd, so i got his eight small things techy related
    9.nine hours of gaming. he loves call of duty
    10.
    11. eleven love notes through out the house.
    12. his fave cookies

I know hes just gonna love this.. cant wait ive been counting down the days and i cant wait

12. Brandi December 10, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

Thank you so much for the wonderful ideas. I have decided to do this for my boyfriend this year and I am very excited. Although I have not finalized my list (yes, I know I am running out of time!), I wanted to share what I have put together in case someone needs some ideas.

Short back story: this will be out first Christmas together. We moved into our house a few months ago and will be having a small Christmas with family. I am really excited to shower him with love when he doesn’t expect it!

1-I made a homemade Christmas tree ornament with an imprint of our first house key (pinterest)
    2-pair of slippers
    3-?
    4-pack of boxers either here or the 5th
    5-?
    6- half dozen cookies from Tiff Treats (his fav)
    7-bottle of Seagrams 7 (his fav)
    9-3 lottery tickets (called 9s in a row or something like that)
    10-a “tin” of cinnamon cashews
    11-December will be the 11th month we’ve been together so I will do something along the lines of a memory for every month
    12-a 12 pack of his favorite beer

• Nichole December 10, 2012 at 8:50 pm #

I like your ideas. For one of them…say number 8 you could do a CD with love songs on it (:

13. jolanda December 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

ladies how are you giving the presents to you husbands ?
    i put them all under the tree a few minutes ago but maybe this isnt a good idea :)
    any ideas ?

• Nicole December 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

I’m leaving mine in different places each day so he’ll just see one every day, the first i’m leaving in his car for him to find when he drives to work! =)

• Gabby December 10, 2012 at 3:55 pm #

I’m leaving mine on the front seat of his car each day before work :)

• Heather December 11, 2012 at 6:45 am #

Oooohhhh GREAT IDEA!

I always kiss him in the garage before he leaves, I’ll slip it in the Tahoe then! Thanks!

• Michelle December 11, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

I was thinking that I would buy a cheap Christmas santa cookie platter and have it sitting on the table. Since I leave for work first, I will either put his gift on the plate, or a card that gives him a clue as to where to find it :)

• Sheila December 10, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

Going to try leaving in different places. Will try to enlist some of his friends/coworkers to help me be sneaky.

Love looking at the lists. I decided to not try so hard to match numbers, but instead just planned on something for each day. Since I want him to open the gift from our kids on Christmas Day, I will start on the 14th. I’d feel really bad if he had nothing to open on Christmas—

• Rebecca December 12, 2012 at 10:13 am #

I’m starting on the 14th too! I decided to countdown from 12 to 1 (1 being on Christmas) because his biggest gift is 1 Flight Lesson and would be more appropriate as his official X-mas gift. The days leading up to this, will be the smaller gifts of course. So excited!!!

Happy Holidays ladies

• Lacey December 10, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

I’m going to place them around the house-probably in the place that they will end up once they’re opened. I’ll only set out one per day.

• Ashley December 10, 2012 at 7:14 pm #

I won’t be in town when I start mine so I’m going to mail it to him. He has no idea! I’m so excited!!!

14. Lacey December 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

Love this. So excited to start this tradition this year! I’m counting down from 12th day- 1st day.

12th: The Office themed calendar (our favorite show-and in its last season)
    11th: 11 pictures and notes of some favorite memories- including the way he looked the night I knew I was in love! (Thank God for facebook!)
    10th: guitar pics- he can never have too many
    9th: undershirts- somehow he always needs more
    8th: brownies
    7th: underwear
    6th: guitar strings (6 strings on his guitar)
    5th: razor refills (why are these so expensive!?)
    4th: Haikus
    3rd: 3 of his favorite candy bars
    2nd: jeans
    1st: gift card to Home Depot (was gonna but him a tool, but he’s too picky so I’ll let him choose what he wants instead)

Thanks for the great idea!

15. beckie December 10, 2012 at 2:33 pm #

Thought I’d share to help others out :)
    1. New cellphone
    2. 2lb Reeses
    3. 3 pack of underwear
    4. 4 pack of socks
    5. 5 gum
    6. 6 pack of beer
    7. Lucky 7 scratches
    8. Shots Keith your wife
    9. Rocawear IX cologne
    10. Foot lotion (10 toes)
    11. 11 reasons why I Love You
    12. Chain necklace he asked for :)

16. Mariam December 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Love this! Thanks!

For my husband I’m doing:

1.) angry bird ornament (he’s OBSESSED with the game!
    2.) pairs of argyle socks
    3.) home cooked meals
    4.) movie tickets (two sets)
    5.) gift card to 5-guys
    6.) “reinbeers” (beers dressed as reindeer, which I found on Pinterest)
    7.) scratch-off lottery tickets
    8.) sexy-time coupons
    9.) Reese’s peanut butter cups (favorite candy)
    10.) pair of gloves (for his 10 fingers
    11.) reasons why I love you
    12.) dozen of his favorite cookies

I also wrote poems to go with each day (feel free to use):

1. On the 1st day of Christmas my true love gave to me: an angry bird for our Christmas tree

2.) on the 2nd day of Christmas we’ll need to keep from cold, 2 pairs of argyle socks make your toesies look so bold!

3.) on the 3rd day of Christmas I thought you would enjoy, all three meals made by me for my handsome boy.

4.) On the 4th day of Christmas it’s your turn to decide, 4 movie tickets for you and your “bride”.

5.) on the 5th day of Christmas your tummy might get queasy, a gift card to 5 Guys will make your lunchtime easy.

6.) on the 6th day of Christmas, you deserve a rest. 6 “reinbeers” are just what I suggest

7.) on the 7th day of Christmas let’s hope you make some money, 7 lottery tickets for my sweet, sweet honey.

8.) on the 8th day of Christmas, I give a little wink, 8 coupons for anytime, you will be pleased… I think…

9.) on the 9th day of Christmas, I’m feeling pretty sweet, 9 Reese’s candies for my baby to eat.

10.) On the 10th day of Christmas, the weather’s getting frigid, here’s a pair of gloves for each of your 10 digits.

11.) on the 11th day of Christmas I picked just a few, reasons I love being married to you.

12.) on the 12th day of Christmas, the last and final day, a dozen cookies for my baby on a Christmas cookie tray.

17. Mariam December 10, 2012 at 12:44 pm #

Love this! Thanks!

For my husband I’m doing:

1.) angry bird ornament (he’s OBSESSED with the game!
    2.) pairs of argyle socks
    3.) home cooked meals
    4.) movie tickets (two sets)
    5.) gift card to 5-guys
    6.) “reinbeers

18. Brittney December 10, 2012 at 4:08 am #

It took me about a month to figure out what I was going to do! Good thing I saw this soon enough!
    I’m doing it backwards as well, leading up to 1!

12. Homemade cookies in a mason jar.
    11. CD with 11 corny love songs.
    10. Giftcard to Starbucks
    9. Magnets with pictures from dates we’ve gone on that are off my instafram (they came out awesome).
    8. Of his favorite beer (they come in 4 packs).
    7. 7 day pill container filled with candy and pieces of paper that say why I think he’s awesome.
    6. Pack of mustaches, since his Asian blood doesn’t allow real ones.
    5. Giftcard to in n out
    4. Pins for his work uniform.
    3. Xbox live subscription
    2. A pair of tube socks (inside joke).
    1. A freaken awesome dreamcatcher I made for him.
    I’m proud. I’m proud.

19. Jeanna December 9, 2012 at 8:22 pm #

I will give him the 12th day on Dec. 13, and give him the slip with the added line to the poem each day (see below) with each gift.

12 – I Love Lucy Calendar – favorite show – will watch reruns over and over
    11-Fudge Stripes – favorite cookie
    10-Hardee’s gift card – passes by it on way to drop boys off
    9-9 Reasons I love him will be posted on the bathroom mirror
    8-razors – just what came in the pack
    7-Snickers – favorite candy bar
    6-6 pack of Sundrop
    5-can of pineapple rings – corny – but his favorite fruit
    4-air pressure check for his tires – he had mentioned wanting one as a stocking stuffer
    3 – 3 pack of different flavored peanuts – he likes peanuts
    2 – pair of black socks
    1- shirt and pants to make an outfit.

12 Days Before Christmas Poem

Yesterday was the last of its kind (12/12/12) for no dates will ever do the same,
    As with you – you are unique and I remember the day I first heard your name.

Today starts a little countdown before Christmas to you from me,
    I hope you know my love for you is more than can fit under a tree.

So with each day that passes a little treat for you you’ll find,
    I hope you always know that you are always on my mind.

On the 12th day before Christmas I give to my true love,
    12 months of the year I am happy that God sent you from above.

On the 11th day before Christmas you get some Keebler Elves,
    They make about 11oz of Fudge Stripes upon store shelves.

On the 10th day before Christmas you get a Hardee’s Gift Card,
    Ten Dollars for you, because you work at home so hard.

On the 9th day before Christmas I have made you a ‘Honey Do List,’
    9 reasons why Honey, I Do Love You! – I hope you get the gist.

On the 8th day before Christmas you get 8 new razors for your face,
    Just something to remind you that no one could take your place.

On the 7th day before Christmas you get 7 Snickers for a week,
    Each day you eat one remember, it is only your true love I seek.

On the 6th day before Christmas you get a 6 pack off Sundrop,
    With each drink I hope you know my love will never stop.

On the 5th day before Christmas you get 5 golden rings,
    Well, pineapple ones for you, I hope, a smile that it brings.

On the 4th day before Christmas you get a tool to check 4 tires and their air,
    I hope you know by now it is for you that I do care.

On the 3rd day before Christmas you get 3 different nuts to eat,
    Philip-Mark, Sam and I (the nuts) all think that you are sweet.

On the 2nd day before Christmas you get a pair of socks,
    There is a lot of love for you packed into this little box.

On the day before Christmas you get a whole new outfit,
    I hope you know my love for you will never, ever quit.

I hope you have enjoyed the 12 days before Christmas with me,
    Just counting all the ways I could say how much I Love Thee!

• Jillian December 10, 2012 at 10:25 am #

I absolutely love your poem. I was trying to figure out a way to start this…an explanation. And the beginning of your poem is perfect! Happy Holidays!

20. jolanda December 9, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

it was funny today we just set up our christmas tree ( hubby and me ) and we bought 12 days of christmas ornaments last year and he was singing with each ball we put in the tree….cant wait to see his face tomorrow after work when i put most of the presents for the end week under the tree….

21. Kayla December 9, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

Okay, I seriously need help.

I have every day figured out except 1… DAY 8. And I can’t come up with anything! HELP. We have been together for 8 years this December (4 years dating & 4 years married) so I thought about maybe doing a book of memories over the past 8 years… but I don’t know… Thoughts>

The rest of my 12 days are below…
    1 – The advengers
    2 – Double date with close friends
    3 – 3 pack of Stride
    4 – 4 pack red bull
    5 – 5 question journals
    6 – 6 pack Christmas Ale
    7 – 7 saucy nights coupons ( Hey, we’re married! No judgement)
    8 – ???
    9 – 9 Things I love about you cookies
    10 – $10 gift card to local coffee shop – his fave.
    11 – Pre-order Chris Tomlin CD – Costs $11.99 ( I know, It’s a stretch ) Also has 11 letters in name.
    12- A year of pre-planned date night (Mostly paid for) YAY! Something he will NEVER expect. I am too indecisive.

So please help me thing of something for day 8 I am stumped.

• Gabby December 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm #

Since you’ve been together for 8 years, for Day 8, could you do a framed picture collage with one picture from each year you’ve been together?

• Monique December 10, 2012 at 7:41 am #

i was stumped on 11 but you could use 8 as well…….
      “my 8 favorite memories of US” or “my 8 favorite things about you”

• Debbie K December 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

Dillards (And I am sure any other nice store has a toiletry set with EIGHT gadgets. Found it as I was buying my gift number Eleven..

My dear “sisters” thank you for all of your ideas. I have been so excited to participate in this very special way,

So below are my offerings for a husband who LOVES GOLF..

First the note.
      My Love
      Though advent is a time of preparation, we have already received the gift of Christmas and can live in the celebration of it. Yet we limit our celebration to one morning and the passing flurry of it. I hope you know my love for you is more than what could ever fit under the tree. So if I cant buy bigger presents then I needed to find a way to make your celebration of Christmas, bigger.
      This year you will experience a very special journey through advent.
      We are officially 12 days from Christmas and with it begins a celebration of my love for you.

So having said that… On the first day of Christmas…

1) Your love is timeless:
      Golf book – The timeless swing
      2) 2DVD set –
      3) 3 pairs of socks
      4) 4 pck of Scotch
      5) Golf glove
      6) Six pack Starbucks Frappacino
      7) Golf book 7-point plan building better swing
      8) Eight Gadget-Toiletry kit
      9) Golf game- Play Nine.. And it was 9.99(LOL)
      10) 10 pack golf hand warmers
      11) Size Eleven bedroom slippers
      12) Golf balls.
      WOW,,,cant wait.

• Danielle K December 13, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

Ah I love #11! Wish I had thought of that… good job :)

• heather December 12, 2012 at 7:28 am #

For 8 I did lingerie because there is 8 letters in the word. The lingerie I of course will wear lol

22. Chelsea December 8, 2012 at 9:36 pm #

Starting the 14th going backwards until Christmas (:

12th: A dozen cookies
    11th: 11 song mix tape
    10th: 10 minute back message
    9th: reasons I love you
    8th: Brownies
    7th: Standford lanyard (ranked number 7)
    6th: love coupons
    5th: gift card to five guys
    4th: haiku poems (funny)
    3rd: books
    2nd: Two tickets to the Hobbit
    1st: sexy underwear/ Christmas sex

23. M.B. December 8, 2012 at 1:45 pm #

Absolutely love this idea… it’s my husband and my first Christmas together as a married couple, so what better time to start this tradition? He’s going to love it (and I’m having a blast planning it)! Because everyone’s ideas have been so helpful to me, here’s my own list so far:

12 – new alarm clock
    11 – different Lindor chocolates
    10 – slippers, size 10
    9 – “I love you because…” notes
    8 – little Stocking Stuffers or dollar store toys he might get a kick out of…
    7 – National Geographic Explorers 25 Year Edition DVD (2+5=7… bit of a stretch, I know)
    6 – 6pack of Dos Equis (because he is… the most interesting man in MY world) :)
    5 – 4pack of regular underwear + 1 gag-gift one
    4 – rolls of droppies (Dutch salty licorice he loves)
    3 – new CDs
    2 – pair of tickets to see the Hobbit
    1 – bonsai plant for his desk at work

24. MarieTherese December 8, 2012 at 8:03 am #

I am having so much fun I keep changing the ideas. I forgot about the lucky seven scratch tickets for 7. For the 12th day, I got him 2 fleur de lis cufflinks ( he is originally from France) and 10 cookies cut from a fleur de lis cookie cutter.

25. Stefani December 7, 2012 at 10:24 pm #

I love, love this idea. I’m doing the countdown (On the xth day ’til Christmas…). He always needs undergarments, and that’s kind of a gift for me since I have to do his laundry ;o)

Th, Dec 13: 12 socks
    Fri, Dec 14: 11 coupons
    Sat, Dec 15: 10 cookies (bake Friday when I’m off work)
    Sun, Dec 16: 9 ???
    Mon, Dec 17: 8 undershirts
    Tue, Dec 18: 7 calendar (has #7 on front)
    Wed, Dec 19: 6 fancy/local beer (Kroger has a thing where you can mix and match bottles)
    Thu, Dec 20: 5 underwear
    Fri, Dec 21: 4 books (2 home improvement, 2 grilling)
    Sat, Dec 22: 3 3 meals (I rarely cook, so this is huge)
    Sun, Dec 23: 2 sweaters (had already bought on clearance last spring)
    Mon, Dec 24: 1 ??? (thinking maybe something with “last” in title?)

Someone said they use plain brown paper, a red ribbon, and wrote on it with a sharpie. I love the idea and plan to do it that way. Most days, I hope to leave it in his car, since I leave for work first.

Now off to scour the comments for more ideas for 1 and 9!!

• Sherry December 9, 2012 at 11:52 am #

For day nine, I bought my husband a baseball almanac…9 players. He loves baseball.

26. jess December 7, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

I’m so excited about this! I debated for a week prior to committing to this, but I’m fully invested.

12- LOLcats calendar
    11- Geocaches (a new activity for us to do together.. http://www.geocaching.com/
    10- $10 Jersey Mikes gift card (he goes there once a week with his work buddies)
    9- 9 oz. of Christmas wrapped chocolate
    8- George Foreman grill that can grill up to 8 servings
    7- Lucky lotto tickets
    6- 6 pack of Malta (gross! but he likes it)
    5- Workaholics foam hand (5 fingers)
    4- 4 Volcom shirts (his fav. brand)
    3- 3 step, step ladder
    2- Either a pair of stress boobs or a pair of nikes
    1- a small coffee maker for his office desk

ahh! can’t wait!

• Heather December 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Jess – I geocache too! Mandollyn is my ID… HIS is DisGuyHere

27. Veronica December 7, 2012 at 4:23 pm #

I was having a really hard time with 8, until I realized there are 8 reindeer in the classic stories (not counting rudolph), so it would be really cute to do something with that, like reindeer cookies.

28. Courtney December 7, 2012 at 1:33 pm #

I am so happy to have found this! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost two years and this is our second christmas together. He is an officer in the Air Force and is currently at training school while I am finishing up school. I wanted to make this Christmas even more special since we won’t be able to be together for it and this is just the best thing ever. Thank you so much.

29. Sarah December 7, 2012 at 10:16 am #

I revamped my list a little

1. Concha (Mexican sweet bread)
    2. Tickets to see Muse at the Staples center in January
    3. Assassins Creed III
    4. 4 pack of his favorite after shave gel
    5. Soccer player ornament with the #5 (his jersey number)
    6. Boxers
    7. Beckham Cologne (#7 was Beckham’s number for Manchester and England)
    8. Razor refills (these are surprisingly pricey!)
    9. 9 of his favorite cookie that I make,
    10- In n Out Gift Card
    11- $11 Gamestop card
    12- Black Ops II and 10 pairs of socks= 12

• Kelci December 7, 2012 at 6:29 pm #

Hilarious!! I bought Assassins Creed III too and couldn’t decide whether to do it for day 1 or day 3.

30. Roberta December 6, 2012 at 12:42 pm #

I want to do this as well, but I’ve already bought him his gifts for Christmas. I’m a giver, but do you think having bought his gifts and doing this would be excessive? He works a lot, so maybe I just could get creative with doing more instead of buying him more…any ideas would be great:)

• Lindsay December 6, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

What I did this year is spread out the Christmas gifts I got for my hubby and added a few homemade treats on the days in between.

31. Amanda December 6, 2012 at 11:52 am #

LOVE this idea! I’m going to try it this year, as my husband and I decided to not do big gifts for each other. This time of year is always stressful for him, as he hates shopping and worrying about what gifts to buy people. I’m determined to do this on a budget, but make it just as fun for him! I’m stuck on day 10. It will fall on Saturday Dec. 22nd, and he loves music so I thought a $10 iTunes gift card, but I think I want it to be some kind of experience instead. Since it’ll be the weekend, I want us to do something (Christmas-ish) together – but what that goes with 10?? Any ideas??

• Amanda December 6, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

My husband really wants to see Skyfall, but I don’t know how to incorporate that on the 10th day. Could do the 7th day for 007, but that’s a random Wednesday. Any thoughts on that?? I looked to see if it was playing at 10pm or after, but no luck. Or possibly, even the Hobbit… ?

• Melissa December 6, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

Hey Amanda! You could put a cute note that says you have 10th row tickets to Skyfall. When you get there you could sit in the 10th row…… or not. If your husband is really excited to see the movie I don’t think he’ll even notice :)

• Amanda December 6, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

Jolanda, thanks for the idea! I’m already planning a candlelit dinner for 2 on the 2nd day, and making his favorite meal. Melissa, love that idea!! And you’re right, he won’t care, he just wants to see it! Thank you. :)

• JO December 6, 2012 at 7:25 pm #

Buy the tickets for the movie for Friday or Saturday night on fandango and wrap them up to give to him on Wednesday.

• Jo December 10, 2012 at 9:37 am #

You could give him the tickets on the 7th day, but go on a night that is convenient for you. I’m giving my hubby 2 tickets to the Hobbit for the 2nd day, but we already have plans that night, so we’ll have to go on a different night.

• jolanda December 6, 2012 at 12:04 pm #

hi amanda,

i got tickets for the hobbit and going to give that on the 2nd day as in pairs will be going together…maybe this is an idea…

• Debbie December 7, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Maybe go to a concert or somewhere to hear some music, then give him the iTunes card so he can get that music to download if he liked it?

• Rhonda December 8, 2012 at 6:16 pm #

I am doing 10 beers from around the world.

• Tori December 10, 2012 at 5:49 am #

You could drive around and find the top 10 Christmas decorations! Or see who can spot 10 decorated houses first.

• Gina C December 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm #

Bowling? Aren’t there 10 pins?

• Kari December 10, 2012 at 8:20 pm #

Could you do 10 random acts of kindness together throughout that day…. like go around looking for ways to help others… randomly :)

• Carla December 11, 2012 at 10:51 am #

Amanda, You guys can have a date night but through out the night y’all have to do 10 good deeds together. hold the door for someone. Pay for someones…whatever, etc.

• Nichole S December 11, 2012 at 8:32 pm #

You could do a set of gloves…for his ten fingers. :) Or 5 pairs of socks.

32. Louise December 6, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Thank you for sharing. After 33+ yrs of blissful marriage it is hard to think of something different that hasn’t been done. THIS is it.
    Kudos to your hubby for being the kind of man that deserves this kind of thought and love.
    We truly are blessed.
    Merry Christmas.
    ~Louise

33. Louise December 6, 2012 at 11:20 am #

Thank you for sharing this wonderful tradition. After 33+ yrs of blissful marriage to the best man in the world, it starts to get difficult to find things that are different. I will definitely use this this year. :)
    Kudos to your hubby for being the kind of husband that deserves such thought and love. I am blessed and sounds like you are as well.
    Merry Christmas!!!!
    ~Louise

34. Chelsea December 6, 2012 at 7:42 am #

I am also starting this tradition with my boyfriend, this is our first Christmas together. So I want to do something really special for him, since he has been so amazing to me since we started dating. He has no idea this is coming. Here is my list, but I need some help with a few last minute items:

1st Day- The Dark Night Rises DVD
    2nd Day- 2 Movie Tickets (to see the Hobbit, since that is the first day it is open)
    3rd Day- 3 Axe Body Sprays
    4th Day- 4 Razor Blades
    5th Day-
    6th Day- 6 Pairs of Boxers
    7th Day- 7 Lucky Lottos
    8th Day- 8 Boneless Wings
    9th Day- 9 Packs of Gum
    10th Day- $10 Gift Card
    11th Day-
    12th Day- 12 Balls for Golfing

Any Ideas for 5 & 11?

I am trying to not to do sweets becuase he is working out and getting into shape right now so I don’t wanna ruin that for him :)

• Abbie December 6, 2012 at 9:22 am #

My husband is a body builder, so sweets are out of the question on my list too.

For day 5 I am making him 5 coupons for a muscle massage (by me) that he can cash in when he is sore after a workout. It might be wise to put a time limit on them so that you don’t need a new hand by the time you are done the massage (I’m sure you know that it’s a lot of work to massage big muscles).
      You could also think of E as the 5th letter in the alphabet and get him something that starts with E.
      Not sure if you know your man’s eating habits, but my husband eats a LOT of eggs- you could always get him 5 cartons (dozen or half dozen) of eggs if he eats a lot of them.

Another option that I am doing for day 4 which you could do for day 5 (this would depend on how long you’ve been dating and how well you know his friends) is to get 5 of his close friends, or a mixture of family and friends, to each write him a letter that he can open up at different times of the day. Tell them how much thethey mean to your boyfriend and ask them to write something, even something short, that either recalls their favourite memory with him, something they appreciate about him, or just words that they want to say to him. The guys have already sent me their letters and I know my husband will die when he reads them- they are very funny, yet very serious and heart felt.

If you decide to go with something other than the 5 coupons for massage for day 5, you could always give him a coupon for an 11 minute massage after a workout for day 11. :)

• JO December 6, 2012 at 7:27 pm #

what about protein bars or drinks from a vitamin shop?

35. Emily December 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

I love this idea, and my boyfriends friends are super jealous!

Day 1: Christmas Boxers (i know it’s a pair, but it’s only one thing)
    Day 2: Coupon for a Bikini Car Wash (2 piece bathing suit)
    Day 3: His favorite candy (comes in packs of 3)
    Day 4: A calendar (4 seasons)
    Day 5: Cologne (5 is the number that represents men in numerology)
    Day 6: 6 pack of his favorite beer
    Day 7: fuzzy dice (lucky number 7)
    Day 8: A list of favorite memories I’ve had with him (our anniversary is the 8th)
    Day 9: Mix CD of all of “our songs” titled “Cloud 9″
    Day 10: Tin of cookies
    Day 11: a dozen brownies

36. Jenn H December 5, 2012 at 11:43 am #

Hopefully I’m done with these! I’m starting on the 14th to end on the 25th and counting backwards.
    12. Chick-fil-a calendar (comes with a card with a free menu item each month)
    11. A book with 11 words on the title (had to get creative on this one!)
    10. $10 Chipotle gift card
    9. 9 of his favorite cookies
    8. 8 things I love about him
    7. Lucky 7 scratcher
    6. 6 pack of beer (decorated like reindeer http://pinterest.com/pin/74731675036397812/)
    5. $5 Subway gift card (and free cookie for doing a survey from the receipt!)
    4. An ornament I had made with the picture of the two of us and our 2 boys
    3. 3 packs of holiday Tic Tacs
    2. 2 lbs of Pure Protein powder and shaker bottle
    1. The Dark Knight Rises Blu Ray

Can’t wait to start giving him these!!!

• Kelci December 7, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

I’m doing exactly the same! End on the 25th and count backwards. : )

37. Becca December 5, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Love these ideas! I also did a 12 days of Christmas for my hubby a couple of years ago. Check it out: http://naptimejournal.blogspot.com/2010/12/gift-of-meaning12-days-of-christmas-for.html

THis year I am doing a year of dates! So fun!

-Becca

38. Rebecca December 4, 2012 at 11:57 pm #

1:  One hour full body massage
    2:  turtle candies
    3: 3 pack of t shirts
    4:  razor cartridges
    5: 5th of bourbon
    6: 6 pack socks
    7:  lucky 7 scratch tickets
    8:  milky way candy bars
    9:  Nutcracker tickets!!
    10:  10 minute hand massage (each hand)
    11:  11 fave memories
    12: 12 pack of winter beers from World Market

39. MarieTherese December 4, 2012 at 9:44 pm #

Been having fun with this:

1. Haven’t chosen – too many choices!
    2. 2-pack of massage balls (for back, sore muscles, etc.)
    3. Batman trilogy Blue Ray DVD set
    4. 4 pack of lip balms
    5. 5 pack of small sample size round lotion containers (he keeps them in his car and everywhere
    6. 6 pack of his favorite bottled tea
    8. 8 count box of Godiva chocolates
    9. Taking him to see the “9 ladies dancing” in the Moscow Ballet Nutcracker on Dec. 9 (ok, this might be for me – LOL!)
    10.
    11. Found an article about the best 11 non-alcolholic beers, so printed it out and will buy a six pack of the winner

40. Sarah December 4, 2012 at 11:27 am #

Day 1- Concha (Mexican Sweet Bread- he’s obsessed)
    Day 2- A Pair of Tickets to see Muse at the Staples Center in January
    Day 3-The shave gel he really likes
    Day 4- razor refills
    Day 5- $5 to In n Out (his favorite restaurant)
    Day 6- Boxer Brief Packs
    Day 7- David Beckham Cologne (Beckham wore #7 when he played for Manchester and boyfriend is a Beckham fanatic)
    Day 8-
    Day 9-
    Day 10- $10 to gamestop
    Day 11-
    Day 12- a dozen red velvet whoopie pies.

I need ideas of 8, 9, and 11! Any ideas are appreciated!

41. Stacie December 4, 2012 at 8:22 am #

Nice idea BUT the 12 days of Christmas are after Christmas. The 12 days of Christmas are the Christmas season in the church calendar and refer to the days between Christmas and Epiphany on January 6.

• em December 5, 2012 at 7:33 am #

Thank you! I kept thinking this the whole time..so frw people know that!

• Debra E December 5, 2012 at 8:14 am #

I know the 12 days are supposed to be after Christmas, but I think my husband will enjoy it more if I do it before Christmas. Although, it would be fun to be recieving gifts after Christmas!

• Jenn H December 7, 2012 at 8:09 pm #

Yup, I’m aware, but part of the fun is building up to Christmas Day so I’m counting down the days. I do a 12 elf book count down with my boys so this will be for my hubby.

• Stefani December 7, 2012 at 10:08 pm #

Yep! That’s come up a few times if you read through the comments. I’m doing the days before and just doing “On the xth day til Christmas, my true love gave me to me…”. It’s the thought, not the logistics. Personally, I’m from such a big family, that by the time Christmas comes and goes, I’m exhausted!

42. Krista December 4, 2012 at 7:00 am #

I love this idea!!! We are going on vacation and we come home on the 14th at midnight, so I decided to start mine on the 14th so that I didnt have to bring more than one gift on the trip. But it still ends on the 25th this way. Here is my list:

Day 1 – Lingere (for me to wear and we will be on a trip, so he will love it)
    Day 2 – a pair of new hockey gloves
    Day 3 – a 3 pack of briefs
    Day 4 – 4 bags of his favorite doritos
    Day 5 – a 5 pack of his favorite chocolate bars (they usually come in packs of 5)
    Day6 – a 6 pack of socks
    Day 7 – the movie Seven
    Day 8 – a Denver Broncos hat with Peyton Mannings number on it (his favorite NFL player). His number is eighteen, but there is an 8 in it.lol
    Day 9 – Package of 9 golf balls
    Day 10 – gloves (10 fingers)
    Day 11 – 11 ironing cupons. I hate ironing and rarely do it and he is always asking, so he should get a kick out of this
    Day 12 – a 12 pack of Blue Light (his favorite beer)

Just thought I would share my ideas to try and help others! Good luck!

43. carleen December 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm #

1 gotta think of something! running out of time!! lol
    2) pair of saxx undies
    3) 3 cupons for me to clean his car (something I don’t normally do…)
    4) 4 toblerone bars, his favorite
    5) 5 pack of pliers, Canadian tire had an amazing sale!
    6) 6 books by his favorite author, got these second hand to keep costs down
    7) 7 nights in a row… he gets to pick what he would like me to wear to bed
    ’8)
    9) scrapbook of a trip we took this year – it took me 9 hours to make lol
    10) 10 part mini series, the pacific, on blue ray
    11) 11 chocolate truffles
    12) 12 pack of his favorite beer

wanted to get him 8 cheap leather bracelets cus he wears those all the time but cannot find them anywhere…..

44. Debbie Konieczny December 2, 2012 at 8:39 am #

What a great idea ..twelve gifts…thanks all for the ideas

45. ivy November 30, 2012 at 9:07 pm #

A book or film with a number in the title
    A series of emails or texts sent to him throughout the day
    A gift certificate or coupons for his favorite meal
    A collection of poems (Haiku is a quick and easy!)
    Get Romantic!

Decorate your bedroom with a number of lit candles
    Love letters — New or old
    A custom CD of your favorite love songs
    Coupons to redeem for a massage — given by you!

• ivy November 30, 2012 at 9:10 pm #

Im so glad you shared that was really helpful. I know my boyfriend will love this!

46. jennifer owens November 29, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

This is such a great idea and i laready starded on it. I am soooo excited to start it.So far, this is what I have..
    1) protective eye glasses ( he needs them to work on projects)
    2) Expendables 1&2 in blu ray
    3) 3-pack socks
    4) underwear
    5) gift card to Five guys for dinner
    6) 6 pack of gargae matts ( hes been wanting)
    7) Lucky 7 scratchers or 7 scrach tickets
    8) 8 pack razors
    9) This one was gard for me but I went with 3- 3 musketter bars
    10) working gloves ( 10 fingers:))
    11) Oceans 11 trilogy in blu ray
    12) A large clock for garage he has been wanting. ( 12 hours on clock )
    Then to make it more exciting I wrapped all gifts in same plain brown contruction paper, red ribbon bow and w/ a sharpir black marker on front wrote on each: On the ? day of christmas my true love gave to me…..making the day bigger then the rest. Looks so good and cant wait!!

47. Holly November 29, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Day 1 (Hat):
    Leading up to the day set aside to celebrate Christ’s Birth,
    Comes 12 days of Christmas, which you are about to unearth.
    This present for you is one you will wear,
    I’ll give you a hint *it’ll mess up your hair ;)

Day 2 (Sunglasses):
    Yesterday was fun, and it has only just begun!
    Today’s gift is is a pair that will help block out the sun.

Day 3 (Movie Tix):
    This outing is something to look forward to,
    Your turn to pick, let us enjoy it with you.

Day 4 (Underwear):
    Some like them short, others like them long;
    Let’s just hope none like them thong.

Day 5 ($5 Grocery Store Gift Card):
    All day you strenuously work so hard,
    Here is a small financial relief in the form of a card.

Day 6 (6 Pack of Energy Drinks):
    Need energy to finish the day?
    Drink some of these and you’ll be on your way!

Day 7 (Seven things I love about you, one a day ending on Christmas):
    There are Seven Days in a week
    All of which your love I seek

Day 8 (Black Socks):
    Long, Black and Warm,
    Wearing these are the Norm

Day 9 (Shoes):
    Working, Walking, Jogging, Run
    Using these will help a ton!

Day 10 (Healthy restaurant gift card):
    Something easy, on the go and fast,
    Without compromising health that lasts

Day 11 (CD of songs that remind me of him):
    There are moments that I think of you,
    Especially when I hear these songs play through

Day 12 (Twelve Ordinary Men Book):
    Not only our Stomachs, but our brains we do feed;
    That is why today, you receive something to read.
    Hint * How did the Master Shape His Disciples for Greatness?
    What He Wants to Do with You, is no less.

• Sondra December 4, 2012 at 9:53 am #

I love these little poems :D very cute!

48. Jennifer November 28, 2012 at 12:06 pm #

I love this! I’m doing
    12 oz Faygo (his fave and hard to find here) and a calendar
    11 sugar cookies (favorite cookie)
    10 …well…he’ll get this one at 10 o’clock…;)
    9 Random Loves Notes and a 9 track homemade CD
    8 Reeses cups and 8 oz drink
    7 “coupon” to drive to get scratch lotto tickets
    6 pack low sodium v8 (odd, I know, but he’ll like it)
    5 Take 5 candy bar
    4 Pair of underwear
    3 pack razor refill
    2 Season 2 of Rome
    1 Sweater

49. Shayleigh November 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm #

I need help with 11!!! i have already spend a bunch of money on all the others, and no edible things please (i am already doing his favorites). i’m trying to think and its so hard. Here’s whats up… I am 21 and he is 26, we are both missionaries in mexico so some things are hard to find here. For the holidays, there has been money donated to get me home for the holidays but unfortunately we cant afford for him to come as well, so he will be stuck on the missions base over christmas, so this idea is great! It gives him something to look forward to each day while i’m away. We are not married no no sexy bed things (yet) haha but if i could get some help that would be really great. he loves romance things because hes latin so he has that sweet heart but somewhat picky about clothes and food. HELP!

• Gabrielle November 27, 2012 at 5:34 pm #

For 11, I’m making a mix cd of songs from concerts we’ve gone to together. You could do something like that, but maybe of songs that have been special to your ministry.

• Sarah November 27, 2012 at 7:57 pm #

11 significantly memorable photos of the two of you together. Or pictures of special people & projects he works on, maybe even with notes included. From them or about him & how he’s been crucial in spearheading an aspect of the mission. Something sentimental along those lines. Or a recap of 11 romantic dates you have been on…& ways you can get him to remember each of them & how they were special to you as well!

• Debra E November 28, 2012 at 7:19 am #

Sit and remember 11 memories from the past year!

• Jennifer November 28, 2012 at 9:28 am #

Shayleigh, what about different places the two of you have visited together, or places that you would like to visit; 11 scriptures, or as I assume your are LDS pictures of the temples that you would like to visit.

• Debbie Konieczny December 2, 2012 at 8:34 am #

Shayleigh,
      I have two ideas for you. Each year though very lean times and more lush times I have created home made “love coupons” cookies; massages; guilt free football game we waitress service, etc. —the second is perfect for your ministry. A note each day with a favorite scripture-the things you pray for him. – be still; god provides for even the sparrow; the greatest of these is loce..you get the idea.

• Kendra December 2, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

Iron 11 shirts or a coupon to do it. I hate ironing and don’t do it, so this is big for my hubby.

• Michelle December 4, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Hi there, I was thinking hard on this one too! How about the Apollo 11 movie? :)

50. Kate November 27, 2012 at 10:25 am #

I want to do this for my boyfriend and I have come up with all of the gifts, but I need a creative way of giving them to him. I am going to wap them and out them in his car and at work and different spots to surprise him each day, but how do I let him know that it’s the 12 days of Christmas and to expect a surprise each day???

• Stephanie November 27, 2012 at 10:29 am #

I am not telling my boyfriend what the gifts are for and going to wait to see if he figures it out on his own. I will eventually tell him if he doesn’t catch on on his own. Maybe a note on the last gift?

• Shayleigh November 27, 2012 at 2:17 pm #

It is the Christmas Season
      So I will use that as my reason
      For showering you with love and affection
      Because I want to truly celebrate our connection
      But when I thought about what to get you
      One gift just simply wouldn’t do
      So these next few days are all about YOU
      My feelings for you are deep, genuine and true
      This is just a small way to say I LOVE YOU.
      So be looking ahead for things coming you way
      The 12 days of Christmas, me dear, starts today!

• Rebecca November 28, 2012 at 6:53 pm #

Wonderful poem, Shayleigh!

• Kim November 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm #

Love this little poem!

• jennifer owens November 29, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Hi. I am wrapping mine in plain brown construction paper tied w/ red ribbon. Then with black sharpie marker on each I am writing, On the ? day of christmas my true love gave to me….. Then I am writing small but putting the number big to stand out! Looks great!