Karis and I have been using the Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve preschool curriculum by Laura Coppinger this year along with the Sonlight preschool curriculum 4/5 and we have been truly enjoying it! The beauty of this curriculum is its simplicity with such intentionality – it keeps to a real basic flow covering the letters of the alphabet with corresponding memory verses, projects, and service opportunities.
Through the inspiration of Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve, we are having a blast reaching out to others through service and baked goods that correspond with their name. We choose a neighbor and/or friend whose name begins with the letter of the week, and then we bake something yummy or serve in some way that also begins with that letter. We baked applesauce bread for our neighbor Ann, and we baked banana bread for our elderly neighbor Bob, for example. The curriculum has tons of great ideas to get you inspired as well. “Bring flowers for F_____”, or deliver a Bible to B______”.
This curriculum contains 240+ pages with lesson plans, games, crafts, recipes, memory verses, Bible story suggestions, vocabulary stimulation and discussion, play, books to read and so much more…all while encouraging service to God!
There are plenty of fun hands-on activities and recipes included in this curriculum which is a huge benefit for the average preschooler who is active and eager to learn through experience.
While I found we preferred supplementing with the book selection offered through the Sonlight curriculum and a few fun Kumon workbooks, this course was fairly complete on its on. I found it was easy enough to adapt to our desires and needs, as we mainly focused on the service aspect and various hands on activities. Or if you have older children in school, this is a perfect manageable curriculum to keep the little ones engaged as well.
What Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve includes:
- 159 Page Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve Book of ideas, instructions, recipes, tutorials and service planners (the majority of this book can be left paperless, unless you choose to print it and bind it)
- Alphabet Practice Packet (26 pages of printable letter writing practice)
- Alphabet Project Packet (printable projects that go along with various lessons)
- Memory Verse Packet (26 printable memory verses to decorate and place on the wall or in a binder)
- Parent Planning Packet (planning pages, teaching suggestions, scheduling ideas)
This kit is available in download form (have it in your hands today!) or hard copy form (allow about two weeks for shipping.)
We are excited to offer TWO copies of Learn Your Letters, Learn to Serve curriculum download today to TWO special winners!
1. Simply leave a comment below!
2. For a second optional entry, become a fan of Passionate Homemaking’s facebook page or pass the word on through your facebook or twitter. Let us know in a second comment below.
And the winners are…
Polly - sweetppolly@…
Camille - ccl@dslext…
If you just can’t wait to get your hands on this curriculum, Laura has offered all Passionate Homemaking readers a special coupon of giving you 15% off your order. Please enter: PH15 at checkout. Coupon code expires on 6/30/11.