Welcome back to the continuation of our series on natural summer barbecuing! Today we will share our favorite means of preparing some mean steaks. We select grass-fed steaks, if possible, and they tend to be a bit more tough than your standard commercial meat. The perfect solution is a delicious natural marinade. This marinade makes the most flavorful and moist steaks, as long as you don’t over marinade or over cook your steaks!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (fermented)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender. Blend for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour marinade over desired type of meat in a Ziploc bag or covered container. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 8 hours. Rotate regularly to allow all the meat to have soaking time in the marinade. Cook meat as desired. Makes enough to marinade for 4 steaks.
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Steak Barbecuing Tips
Aaron has tried and proven these tips successful thanks to How To Grill Great Steak.
|After searing grilling chart|
|Steak Thickness||1″||1 1/4″||1 3/4″|
|Rare(120-129F)||0-1 Min||2-3 Min||4-5 Min|
|Medium Rare(130-139F)||1-2 Min||3-4 Min||5-6 Min|
|Medium(140-149F)||2-3 Min||4-5 Min||6-7 Min|
|Medium Well(150-159F)||4_5 Min||6-7 Min||8-9 Min|